Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Goodies!

My brother, Khalid, arrived back from Canada yesterday. He's been there for three full months.

I asked him for some books while he's there. Since we only get a limited amount of books here in Saudi Arabia.

I askd for a good number of books. But, unfortunately, he didn't find all of them. Most of them were sold out or something.

Anyway, those are the books that he brought me, accompanied with a few bookmarks and a keychain;

The books:

1. The Secret Garden (by Frances Hodgsox Burnett)

 

I wanted to read 'The Secret Garden' a long time ago. Because when I was little I used to watch an animated TV show called 'The Secret Garden' and it was one of my absolute favourites. And, if I remember correctly, it's the exact same story as the book.

Anyway, I got even more excited about reading it because of how many people have recommended it.

So, when I told my brother about it, I thought it would be an actual book. Without any picture in it whatsoever.

But I think there are different auditions and copies of the story. And I bet it is originally a classic. But my brother got attracted to the one with thr pictures and bought it.

I haven't read a book with pictures since I was little. Reading that would be different and great!

 

 

 

2. Getting The Girl (by Markus Zusak)

Nothing special about this book but the fact that it was written by the writer of 'The Book Theif' which I haven't read yet but is a bestselling and sitting on my shelf waiting to be read. And this book was also recommended by a few people.

 

The Bookmarks:

Bookmarks are always something to be addicted to!

I really, really, really love bookmarks. They're so pretty and important and stay with you throughout reading the book.

The first one is a wooden bookmark with the word Canada on it and on top is their flag on a wooden bear(?) or something.

The second one is a special kind of bookmark with the letter 'K' on it which makes it even more special because my brother's name is Khalid so... I haven't tried it yet, but saw the picture of how to use it.

The third is very motivating and cute. It says "You can't do things differently until you see thingsdifferently."

 

 

 

And last, but not least, is the keychain:

 

 

 

A big metal 'L' which stands for my name. And the word Canada written on it. A very nice souvenir if you ask me!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thank you, Khalid! And welcome home ❤️

 

No comments:

Post a Comment