Thursday, September 4, 2014

Six Years of Awesomeness!



 

 

September the 2nd is Nourah's–my little sister– birthday! She was born in 2008. Yeah, my brother says she's NEW. Haha!

Anyway, (she) asked for a "surprise" birthday party.

She wanted a cake and gifts (without her knowing mind you).

I don't think that she actually believed we would do all these things for her. But we did. The day after her birthday, September the 3rd, we arranged everthing in a few hours time.

Bought the cake, gifts and 'decorated' the living room with some balloons.

It made her really happy to see all those gifts and happy-birthday candled-cake..

And her happiness gathered us and made us all happy as well! Alhamdulillah for everything!

 

 

Here's the thing about the cake; We always buy that one cake. For all occasion.

This time I suggested buying a different cake. And, since I live on chocolate, I suggested buying this one. I didn't really register the taste of peanut butter in it..

Let me tell you one thing about My brother and Nourah–the birthday girl–. Both are very allergic to any kind of nuts.

And as it turns out, this cake has something similar to peanut butter.. Yeah..

But she didn't eat it. Thank God!

But my brother did. Poor guy.. Hah! Yes, I am feeling guilty if you were wondering..

 

 

It always more intersting to enjoy your learning!

It really breaks my heart to see all those little kids–at the age of learning and saving everything they learn–just sitting around holding an iPad or a mobile.

Don't get me wrong technology most definetely is needed everywhere and to everyone. But let us not forget those tangible learning objects that makes you work your mind.

But it is what it is. And kids–generally speaking–are losing their innocence slowly because of those devices.

Which is why we bought her those gifts. She really loves bed time stories! And 'Monsters, inc.' is one of her absolute favorite movies–and mine–since she was a baby.

Puzzles are always appreciated, no matter how old you are!

And ddon't forget the clay! She's a very creative kid ma sha'a Allah and it would do her good to be imaginative and create different things with them.

As for the birthday card, we made everyone that was there sign it and write something simple for her to keep!

 

* * * * * * * * * *

 

Now, this is the best thing about her birthday; my brother, Khalid, came from Canada the day before her birthday, after three months of being there. And a few family members were visiting us from Kuwait. So, it's been great for her. And it was the perfect opportunity to do her birthday party!

 

* * * * * * * * * *

 

Dear Nourah,

"This is my wish for you:

Comfort on difficult days,

smiles when sadness intrudes,

rainbows to follow the clouds,

laughter to kiss your lips,

sunsets to warm your heart,

hugs when spirits sag,

beauty for your eyes to see,

friendships to brighten your being,

faith so that you can believe,

confidence for when you doubt,

courage to know yourself,

patience to accept the truth,

love to complete your life."

Unknown

 

* * * * * * * * * *

 

I made a video for my day preparing the whole thing + the actual surprise and uploaded it on YouTube;

Enjoy!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment